Will your cover letter get noticed or thrown out?
Here are some quick tips to help your cover letter stand out among other job seekers–and land that interview.
- Get to the point–quickly! State your objective from the get-go. You can even bold this statement to stand out.
- Do your homework. Research the position and the company. State why you’ll be a good fit, making sure that it’s apparent that you’ve put in the time to find out about the position.
- Mention your experience. Give an example or tell a quick story to demonstrate your experience, background, and unique skill set.
- In closing, don’t be afraid to ask for an interview!
- Remember your manners. Thank the hiring manager for their time.